Failure Codes are available to users on the Enterprise CMMS only. The Fiix failure codes hierarchy is built on the standard problem, cause, and action framework, and loosely resembles a family tree. By classifying repairs using failure codes during the work order, your organization has the ability to report on similar issues, spot trends, and take corrective action to prevent future occurrences. As the procedure to configure an asset or asset category are virtually identical, this document outlines how to create a failure hierarchy for an asset category.
2. And, if required Import Problem/Cause/Actions
Configure a Failure Hierarchy for an Asset Category
1. To configure a failure hierarchy for an asset, or asset category click Settings, CMMS Settings, and Maintenance and Work Order
2. Ensure the functionality is switched on as per the Turn on, and add Failure Codes procedure
3a. To configure a failure hierarchy for an asset category, click Configure Nesting for Asset Categories
3b. To configure a failure hierarchy for an asset, click Configure Nesting for Assets
4. In the Asset Categories/Problems tab, select the asset category to configure
5. Select the Problems you wish to add for the asset category
6. Click Save Asset Category Configuration
7. Next, click Causes and Actions
8. Select the Problem that you wish to assign Causes, and Actions to
9. Select the Causes you want to associate with this problem
10. Select the Actions you want to add to the problem
11. Click Save Action Cause to lock the failure tree for this asset category
12. Repeat this process for other problems associated with the asset category.
13. The process is similar to configure a failure hierarchy for an asset. After step 3b., simply select an asset from the Asset dropdown menu, select Problems, click Save Asset Configuration, and follow steps 7-12.