FIIX mobile app supports both barcodes and QR code scanning. Both formats have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Existing barcodes on the equipment, tool or part could be used if if they conform to one of the 8 supported barcode types
- Barcodes can be printed independently and associated with assets after the fact. Simply type or scan in the barcode into the barcode field of the asset record. Click Save and FIIX will create a copy of the barcode on the asset record.
- Barcodes can be reused and re-assigned to another assets
- Barcodes can be ordered online from the many asset tags provider. Simply Google "Asset Tags" to find a vendor near you. Fiix's recommendation is to try a sample in the planned operating environment before committing to a large order. Review the important notice for those printing barcodes and QR codes before ordering.
- When barcodes are damaged even slightly, you may loose the ability to scan the barcode. However, you can quickly assign another barcode # to the asset record.
- QR codes are generated by FIIX and associated with the asset, as the asset record is created
- QR codes are not transferrable to other assets
- QR codes are more likely to be scannable even with slight damage
- A QR code is capable of being read in 360 degrees, from any direction, thus eliminating any interference and negative effects from backgrounds.